Saturday, September 15, 2007

Improvement!

I've just completed my 3rd repetition of level 40 of CT-Art and finally I have seen a significant improvement in my solving percentage.
Level    Rep 1   Rep 2   Rep 3
-------------------------------
10 97% 99% 99%
20 92% 94% 95%
30 86% 86% 86%
40 77% 77% 84%

That is a major improvement on level 40 problems. This isn't from memorizing the problems, I am really calculating better on this level. Incidentally, I also noticed a couple more problems with secondary solutions. Maybe next time through I'll start recording all these.

It is now 20 days since I last restarted on level 10. So according to my 3 week schedule, I'll start back at level 10 rather than move up to level 50. I think my last "3 weeks" to do levels 10 through 40 was actually 22 days. So I am only slightly faster -- though over the last 3 weeks I've spent time playing more games and analyzing them, so I'm not too concerned. I think I'll be much faster over the next 3 weeks.

Update: I just did level 10 for a fourth rep. Finally a perfect score, no mistakes! It took me just under 40 minutes to do the 110 problems of level 10.

Labels:

7 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Blogger Temposchlucker said...

Great!

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger transformation said...

fantastic!

im finding level five to be a lot better than four, but like you said before, we tend to focus more at the more difficult stages. talk about brain burners!

ive had my next problem on my board for three days+.

looking forward to more news from you, and always appreciated. dk

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Loomis said...

Thanks guys, it's really uplifting to see a difference in performance. It's just as good to know that there are people out there in support.

 
At 4:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Loomis!

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

Good to see. That's really fast level 10 work!

As for errata, I now open ctb_errata.txt before I open CTB. The error list is growing quickly. It is quite low-maintenance, and sorta fun watching it grow (and sorta frustrating!).

Even in CTB, the percentage of problems with errors seems to grow exponentially with problem difficulty level. I can imagine that by the time you reach CT-Art level 40 or 50, there must be a lot of missed alternatives.

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Loomis said...

40 minutes per 110 problems translates into 7+ hours for the whole 1209. And that's only if can do the rest of the problems as fast as level 10 problems, which I am fairly certain I can not. So hopefully I can do these even faster.

I started writing down some problems. Of course, there are many scattered through my blog. Maybe in the end when I know this set like the back of my hand I'll compile a complete list.

 
At 3:11 AM, Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

Maybe in the end when I know this set like the back of my hand I'll compile a complete list.

If you can do it, that would be great. From my experience, I thought the same thing, but I didn't get a real list going until I started to write them down right when I saw them. This is partly because after the first few circles, when I'm going really fast, I don't want to waste time writing crap down. Now, doing it during the slower circles I don't mind it at all, especially if I'm just keeping the error log open from the first problem onward (and I think it helps me maintain a critical eye toward the problems so I do better, strangely).

But maybe you aren't as lazy as I am...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home