Tuesday, August 28, 2007

CT-Art 267

It seems every time I go through the problems of CT-Art I come across new issues with the problem set. Problem 267 is a good problem, but happens to have a second solution to the one given.
Black to Move


The CT-Art solution is e2 gxf3 h1=Q+ Kxh1 exd1=Q+. Unfortunately I calculated the line h1=Q+ Kxh1 e2 where the knight can't stop the promotion. Here crafy plays Nf2 and black gets a queen vs. knight where it's easy to mop up the pawns and win. In fact, in the CT-Art line, white can throw in Nf2 and have essentially the same ending.

Maybe I'll play the "correct" line next time through.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 1:24 PM, Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

I've had about five problems in CTB where I found equally good (sometimes better) lines, and they are labeled incorrect. So I simply memorize the incorrect moves to keep my percentages up. Sort of lame! It would be sweet if they let you modify the program, setting new 'correct' answers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home