Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Overseen

Here is a position overseen at the coffeehouse. The tactics in it were overlooked by the players. Ok, the position here is subject to my memory, but the basic tactic is there.

Black to move

Here black didn't quite find the winning idea Be6 Ng5 Re1+ Kh2 Bd6 pinning the rook. (sideline: Be6 Rc4 Re1+ Kh2 Bg1+ Kg3 Bxf7)

Thanks to everyone who has encouraged me in my tactics training. I'm about halfway through level 30 at 95%. Knock on wood, but I think I'll beat my old 86% score for this level.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 8:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

95% at level 30! That is a great result. May I...envy you? ;)

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger Loomis said...

You may be envious if you like. But keep in mind that over the last 100 problems in the set my percentage will come down. Also, this is the 3rd time in just over a month that I've done these problems.

 
At 2:47 AM, Blogger likesforests said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 2:48 AM, Blogger likesforests said...

Nice! I could see Re1+ Kh2 Bd6 Nxd6 almost worked, but I didn't spot the proper preparation Be6 Ng5.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home