Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Not dead

Hey, I'm not dead, just up to other stuff for a while.

Back in November I started writing a chess engine. I worked on that through January and it plays an ok game. It plays on FICS (http://www.freechess.org) with the username 'Marginal' and turns out to be a nice opponent for regular people, not walking over everyone like most computers.

I have also finished my Ph.D. dissertation this Spring. Graduation is in May. As you can guess, this meant I didn't do anything in the way of chess study for a few months to make sure I finished on time. After that was done I started to get back into CT-Art.

I'm not sure what my plan of study will be, maybe I'll post on that soon. In the meantime, I've finished Level 40 of CT-Art. Here are my current stats:
Level 10: 97% (110 problems)
Level 20: 92% (286 problems)
Level 30: 86% (221 problems)
Level 40: 77% (204 problems)

Clearly a big drop in success rate. I've considered going back to redo the levels from the beginning, but for now I'm going to start on Level 50 and see how it goes.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home