Sunday, June 10, 2007

Tournament Report

Black to move
You can find a fast way to finish off this game at chesslog.de. All three tournament games are posted there (http://www.chesslog.de/users/loomis) with some annotations.

Overall I was disappointed with the tournament experience. The way the sections broke I was the top seed in my section. I would have really loved to play some higher rated players, it's a much better way to put yourself to the test and find weaknesses in your game. I am happy that I was able to take care of business and win all my games. There are places where I didn't play perfectly, so hopefully I can learn from those.

Rating change: 1707 --> 1729

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Blogger Blue Devil Knight said...

Congratulations. It's always good to practice winning won games :)

And you are probably rolling in millions of dollars.

Admit it, you are in chess for the money.

 
At 1:16 PM, Blogger Loomis said...

Well, winning is always nice :-). It would be even nicer at a big tournament like the World Open. I'm still on the fence of whether to go to that one. I'll have a lot of work to do in the next couple of weeks to prepare for a real shot at finishing in the money.

But anyone who is in chess for the money should probably re-evaluate.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger XY said...

I won some money once, but as I recall it wasn't even enough to compensate the traveling cost and hotel (or just barely). Still, it was unexpected and kind of nice, and the players (including a couple of grandmasters) all applauded as I received the price. (Of course, I was just one winner out of... well, ten or something.)

 
At 9:45 PM, Blogger XY said...

Uhmm, just to be clear: I obviously wasn't among the 10 best, I just happen to win my rating group, basically a group of dilettantes. : )

Anyway, nice game.

 
At 10:11 PM, Blogger Loomis said...

It's always nice to be recognized as a winner, even if it's 'king of the idiots.' I think we all know we're never going to be world champion. We're just hoping to be better than the next guy that sits across the table from us.

 
At 9:22 AM, Blogger Pawn Shaman said...

Im not in it for the money, Im in it for the ladies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home