Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Summer schedule

I don't want to lock myself down to any particular goals, because, as we can see from earlier posts I tend to get side tracked. I have a professional conference all next week and another one at the end of June. I'll also be starting my next job in August and I have to move between now and then. So on a few occassions this summer chess practice will take a major backseat to real life.

That having been said, I'm moving through the CT-Art problems smoothly and I see myself finishing them at some point. The only question then is whether or not I do them again. Obviously I haven't done them perfectly, so they bear repeating. However, I don't really want to take another 9 months where CT-Art is the biggest part of my chess time. So we'll see.

In the meantime, I'm on level 60. Stats:
Level 60: 84% (21 done, 63 to go)
CT-Art elo: 2397

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 2:52 AM, Blogger likesforests said...

Chess is a hobby, right? If you're not enjoying CT-ART then I think you're making the right choice by not doing it again.   :)

Keeping in mind that tactics are essential to chess success, have you found any other tactical books or programs that you enjoy more? There are so many options!

 
At 8:39 AM, Blogger Loomis said...

I enjoy CT-Art, but there's a lot of things I enjoy in chess. So it's really a matter of whether I want to continue to do less of the other things while plowing through another round of CT-Art. Of course, If I'm better at chess, I think everything becomes more enjoyable, so maybe it's worth it.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger transformation said...

thank you.

these CT-Art 3.0 results, as you suggest, while not the end all of chess study or ends in themselves, are enviable attainments, and more than illustrate your superior chess knowledge.

thank you also for your comment today, and wishing you the best of success in this new work. doubtless you are a very smart person, with great things you contribute in many distinct domains.

you inspire me loomis, and are one whole chess class ahead of me, and point the right direction to me.

warmly, david

 

Post a Comment

<< Home