Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Ct-Art Level 50 done

I finished Level 50 of Ct-Art tonight. It's late, so I'm not going to write much, but I have also been doing tactics at some of the online tactics practice websites.

On Chess Tactics Server I have started back doing some pretty regular tactics. CTS is useful for sight training. You see the motif and you play it. Or you don't see it and you sit there feeling foolish :-). Sometimes it takes me a while to solve the problem, but typically once you see the motif, the calculation is easy. So you really are training your sight -- see all the checks, captures, forks, pins, skewers, etc. and see them fast.

Another chess tactics practice site is ChessTempo. Here the time contraints are not as strict as CTS and many of the problems require you to calculate quite a bit. So here you have to do more than see a single motif in the problem. These kinds of problems can be very frustrating, and I'm not certain that all of them are valuable learning tools, but I'm still giving it a chance for now.

Ct-Art at level 50 requires quite a bit of calculation. The variations are quite deep and while I admit I don't always see the full variation when I play the first move, I'm putting a ton of effort into calculating as deep as I can to get these right.

Here are the Ct-Art stats for all levels up to level 50:
Level 10: 97% (110 problems)
Level 20: 92% (286 problems)
Level 30: 86% (221 problems)
Level 40: 77% (204 problems)
Level 50: 76% (134 problems)
CT-Art elo: 2352

Total done: 955.
To go: 264.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home